When I started blogging again several years ago, I rarely went a month without putting a post up. Unfortunately, it looks like I got out of the habit and have gone almost 6 months with a post. Whoops!
Looking back at the last six months, it has been anything but uneventful. In fact, there has been so much going on that it probably contributed to the blog-silence. So, here is a quick run down on the big things that have gone down:
- There has been a lot of traveling with the Cabrini crew – both coming and going
- 3 staff members went to the states for the AIDS 2012 conference
- Five "sisters in training" came and stayed with us for spiritual development
- We had a fundraising trip in the states that all the Kickerts plus Sister Diane went on (more on that later).
- The sisters have been all over the place doing "sister" work and taking some down time
- We have had two short-term volunteer come and go
- Joe has gone to the states for some time with Family
- We were able to spend 6 weeks in the US and it was very busy time
- I spent time in New York, Philadephia, St. Louis, Chicago, Nashville
- It was great catching up with friends and family
- I became an uncle on my side when Tim and Chel had their first baby
- My grandmother passed away
- We got to enjoy some down time together as a family and see the sites in NYC and London
- We wrapped up our funding year and took some time to look at all the accomplishments happening in Swaziland
- Simo, one of the twins we watched was killed when his house collapsed on him.
- We found out we were pregnant!
If you really want scoop on what has gone on with the Kickerts in the last six months, be sure to go to Beth’s blog… she even does pictures! http://beth.kickert.info